Sorry, there are no products in this collection
PPE used at a workplace must be:
- selected to minimise risk to work health and safety
- suitable for the nature of the work and any hazard associated with the work
- a suitable size and fit and reasonably comfortable for the person wearing it.
PCBUs are required to consult, as far as is reasonably practicable, with workers who are likely to be directly affected by a matter relating to WHS. If the PCBU and workers have agreed to procedures for consultation, the consultation must be in accordance with those.
Consistent with this duty, a PCBU should:
- Consult with users and their representatives and include a detailed evaluation of the risk and performance requirements for the PPE.
- Ensure compatibility of all PPE items where more than one type is required (for example ear muffs with a hard hat).
- Consult with the supplier to make sure all PPE is suitable for the work and workplace conditions.
For further guidance on consultation see the model Code of Practice—How to Consult, Co-operate and Co-ordinate Activities with Other Duty Holders.